How to Access
Navigate to the Web Link Category Manager. To add a new Web Link Category, and click the "New" icon in the toolbar. To edit an existing Web Link Category, click the Category's Name, or check the Category's checkbox and press the "Edit" icon in the toolbar.
This is where you can add a new Web Link Category or edit an existing one. Note that you need to create at least one Web Link Category before you can create a Web Link. Also, Web Link Categories are separate from other types of Categories, such as those for Articles, Banners, and News Feeds.
Note that the screen for adding and editing Web Link Categories looks the same screen used to create Article Categories. However, for Web Link Categories, the only required field is Title. Published, Section, Category Order, and Access Level are not used. An Image and Description may be entered, but they are not displayed on the web site.
- Title. Enter the Title for this item.
- Alias. The internal name of the item. Normally, you can leave this blank and Joomla! will fill in a default value. The default value is the Title or Name in lower case and with dashes instead of spaces. You may enter the Alias manually. The Alias should consist of lowercase letters and hyphens (-). No blank spaces or underscores are allowed. The Alias will be used in the URL when SEF is activated. Note: If the title consists of non-Latin characters, the Alias will default to the current date and time, for example "2009-02-11-17-54-38".
- Published. This field is not used for Web Link Categories.
- Section. This displays 'N/A' for not applicable, since Sections are not used for Web Links.
- Category Order. This field is only used for ordering at the weblinks management.
- Access Level. This field is not used for Web Link Categories.
- Image. Image for this Page. Image must be located in the folder "images/stories".
- Image Position. Position of the Image on the page. Select Left or Right from the drop-down list box.
- Description. Optional description for the Web Link Category. This description is just for your information and will not display on the page.
- Image Button. This command is not normally used for Web Link Categories.
At the top right you will see the toolbar:
- Save. Save it and return to editing the menu details.
- Apply. Save it, but stay in the same screen. If you have been working on a screen for a long time and don't want to risk losing your work, pressing Apply saves your work and lets you continue working. If, for example, you lost your Internet connection, your work will be saved up this point.
- Close. Return to the previous screen without saving your work. If you press Close while adding a new item, this new item will not be created. If you were modifying an existing item, the modifications will not be saved.
- Help. Opens this Help Screen.
Page retrieved: 0.505 seconds, 3.61 MB